Source for Stihl 023 service manual

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ddahlgren

Minister of Fire
Apr 18, 2011
SE CT
for free hopefully. I was given a 023 that looks to be in good condition and has spark and good compression. when I got it the carb was stated as new but all in parts in a ziploc bag. I put it back together as intuitively as I could and while I work on very high end race cars daily never a chainsaw and not familiar with the carb in any way.

It is very hard to start but will run for a few seconds and it sounds like a fuel problem to be honest. Before i start buying a bunch of parts I would like to verify I put the carb together properly. My thoughts are if the carb correctly assembled I would buy a new fuel filter air filer and fuel line from tank to carb as they are fairly cheap.

The service manuals are not published online. They are reasonably acquired through a dealer however, or ebay (prolly about $20 on ebay :confused:), or there is a "Beg for manuals" thread over on ArboristSite.com

I found a link on the Stihl site to get manuals and they sent me one for my 026 in a week free of charge. It is the same manual that I got from the beg thread mentioned above.

I also got the shop/parts manual from that beg thread.

somehow I've got an 026 manual I downloaded last year to my PC. Keep looking

( I've got the original but it's so much bar oil and saw dust gluing the pages together it's useless)

Status
Not open for further replies.