Squeals like a pig! Help! Timber Ridge 49TRCPM

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take a moan any day over a squeal!

I feel like it probably was upside down from the beginning and I'm not surprised after the experiences I've had with Englander already.

When the stove arrived the circuit board was a sh*t show. Every item on the second board was installed in the wrong place. When I tried to start it up for the first time all I got was the air pump running. Nothing else would work. Finally, I pulled everything off the board, wired it correctly, and it was good to go.

Now I'm just sitting here, enjoying the warmth, and waiting patiently for the next problem to arise!

Reactions: Big papa
I'll take a moan any day over a squeal!

I feel like it probably was upside down from the beginning and I'm not surprised after the experiences I've had with Englander already.

When the stove arrived the circuit board was a sh*t show. Every item on the second board was installed in the wrong place. When I tried to start it up for the first time all I got was the air pump running. Nothing else would work. Finally, I pulled everything off the board, wired it correctly, and it was good to go.

Now I'm just sitting here, enjoying the warmth, and waiting patiently for the next problem to arise!

Glad yours is up and running smoothly now. I also had a couple of issues with mine as delivered this past September. I feel like they're crazy busy this year - they sent me some paint to cover a few scuffs in shipping, but I had to adjust the hopper lid safety switch and tweak the hopper cover - good thing I have a metal brake in the garage - lol. I guess I now think of the Englander as the handyman's stove, which I'm fine with, I prefer complete control over my appliances whereas I've also installed and repair my oil burner and water heater as well.

Mine was delivered in September as well. I'm all for the "handyman's stove!" I like getting my hands dirty and doing things myself.

The problem I had with it was that it was completely inoperable when it arrived! There's no excuse for that. No QC before leaving the factory.

Well, the pig is back! I got a solid 24 squeal free hours but when I walked in the door today from work there it was! So I removed the auger and filed down all the areas that would touch the feed tube. Noticed some scratches in the tube itself so I filed it down as well. Sprayed everything with graphite spray. Now I'm just giving everything time to dry. I won't let this stove win!

Status
Not open for further replies.