St. croix Hastings on/off light blinking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sloper17

Jan 6, 2022
New York
I bought a house with a Hastings stove that needed some major clean up. Finally got it cleaned and running good, but now the on off light is blinking and it is stuck in low fire. To my knowledge it is not run off thermostat and the 2 wires in back of the panel seem tight along with the jumper on the back of the stove. Any help is appreciated!!

Do you know the year fo the stove? Can you supply a picture of your control board to show us what you have your settings at - or at least tell us what your settings are. A picture would be better as it will help determine what sort of controls you have (a 2008 is slightly different than a 2013). My first guess would be that the switch got turned to thermostat when you usually use manual. If it can't find a thermostat, it doesn't know what to do so idles.

St croix for share.JPG

Reactions: Mt Bob
Some how It is in thermostat mode and not getting a connection where stat hooks up. If switch on control is set to manual open the side and be sure wires are fastened into the back side of the junction block where stat would hook up.

Agree. The thermostat wires are easy to dislodge from the backside of the panel.