St. Croix Lancaster, burning pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ceria

Hearth Supporter
Nov 12, 2008
Concord, nh
I was wondering if anyone on this forum has had any luck burning pellets in a St. Croix lancaster stove. I first tried it using the optional pellet burn pot but had no luck pellets over flowed, then the flame would get lazy and the feed tube would just back up with pellets.
I spoke with St. Croix, they said I need to use the multi fuel pot . Still have the same problem, pot ends up over flowing after about 10-12 hrs. I have tried every possilbe combination of air intake settings. I can never seem to obtain a nice balanced level in the pot. I am starting to wondering if I was miss led that this stove was capable of burning pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.