St Croix versa grate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine has been disconnected for a couple years now with zero problems
and I got no interest in fiddle daddlin with it to grease it.
I stick with top grade pellets like the Barefoot and Okanagan I'm burning this year
and only have to give the pot a quick 30 second scrape. No big deal imo.
Moral of my story is, if ya burn high quality, low ash pellets you don't even need a versa grate.
idea.gif

yep that is the truth. It's not the ash I'm having a problem with it's clinker in the pot itself. Even scraping it last night and this morning I was still taking dog turd sized clumps of clinker out. The two side trays were 99.9% empty and the middle tray this afternoon was 1/6 full. Not alot of ash for 40 lbs of pellets last night and today.

Guy is working on it right now. Hard to get out in the middle under the auger. He went back to the shop to get another. Motor was dead in the stove. He put a jumper cord directly on it and motor wasn't turning. I told him to hook it up outside the stove and he did, it was dead until he picked it up off the floor then it started making this Godawful racket...but was turning and wouldn't die. Noise would keep you awake at night it was so loud. Definitely wasn't doing that in the stove.

Glad you're getting it fixed on their dime anyway.
No clinker probs here with the Okies and Barefoots.

oh i'm sure i'm paying for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.