staple up radiant floor sensor fix

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodNotOil

Minister of Fire
3 or 4 years ago when I put my Tarm in I also put staple up radiant in my first floor. The company I went with said that wood floors shouldn't be heated above 85* and therefore included an Azel single stage control with sensor that goes in the floor to control the temp. The only problem with that is that you have to guess how hot the floor needs to be in order to have a comfortable room temp. Some days if the sun came out in the late afternoon the downstairs would spike in temp up into the 70s. I wanted a more even temp and finally found the simplest solution. I picked up a Honeywell thermostat meant for electric radiators that could handle the 110vac coming out of the Azel control and going to the pump. Now I can set what I want the room temp to be on the thermostat and it turns the pump on and off. The Azel is set to 84* and act as a safety to turn the pump off and protect the floor. Temps have been great since I put it in and it was only $20 at the local hardware store. Thought I would pass it on for others with the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.