Starlite Pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jj1949

Aug 12, 2008
ND
Was wondering if anyone on the board has heard of Starlite pellets. They are a hardwood pellet, distributed by Koetter-Smith and sold at our local TSC . I noticed this morning when I did one of my three bags test that the pellets are really inconsistent in length,some as long as 2", have an upleasant odor to them also.My dog was interested enough in the odor as to tear open one of the bags where as I also 4 tons of Rocky Mtn he never has been drawn to. They are recognized by the pellet association but then so are some of the other low range pellets. Anyone out there even heard or tried these?

I bought some of these from my dealer during the summer. I am currently burning them. They are ok I guess. ( my stove is crappy so I am not the best person to determine pellet burning heat temps.) I do get some ash build up. The 4 pellet brands I have been testing so far this year I would rank like this

1. lignetics
2 Energex
3. Starlite and pres to logs are about the same in my stove...

I would try another pellet first..

Status
Not open for further replies.