Stay warm and save pellets? Naw..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Dad passed Jan. 16th and then my mom the 6th of March.

I am so sorry for your loss! I can't imagine losing both in such a short time. Only time can lessen the pain but I hope good memories help you through this tough time.

Reactions: bags
My condolences go out to you Bags. Been there done that, although there was a ten year time span between them.

Sorry for your loss Bags.

all this winter I have kept my stove on room mode auto...
74 degrees temp set/ half fan speed.feed rate# 3 or 4
depending on small or longer pellets...... stove would be running 24/7
has been approx 12 hours per bag....
2 bags per 24hrs at these 35 degrees or lower days/nights.Best I can do....

Pretty much the same here.... but I do stove mode... hard to get those big stoves to burn a bag and a half
on that mode... They're just heat machines, not economy specials.

Dan

I have a P43 and I use 2 bags a day when real cold and cant get past 66 degrees and if the wind is bad it gets up to 60 that's it. I have 15 year old house 6" walls double pane windows 9" in the ceiling and 1400 sq ft. how are you using 2 bags a day with bigger stove bigger house bad insulation and 10 degrees warmer? do not understand
I would get a FLIR and look at you house from the outside. My guess even though it is 15 years old they skimped or didn't put enough insulation in. Also air sealing probably didn't happen. Do you use an OAK?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk