Steampunk Portable Corn Roaster

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilsBrew

Minister of Fire
Apr 21, 2013

Reactions: Adios Pantalones
I can't get enough of this outside of the box kind of stuff.

Reactions: Adios Pantalones
i've just been inspired by an idea to have a corn roaster built into a steam powered pipe organ (calliope)...2 pronged street vendor attack!

Reactions: DevilsBrew
You're confusing your calliopes and organ grinders.

funny, i hadn't htought of it that way...I figured he was just making a flat statement that I need a monkey...and I was like "heck ya, of course I need a monkey" but what you're saying sounds legit too.

Reactions: Jags
I wouldn't call that steam punk by any means.... but I like the idea, maybe need to fab something up to put on the grill or fire pit....
the real question is would a smaller one with a bottom that could set on top of the woodstove achieve the same results

funny, i hadn't htought of it that way...I figured he was just making a flat statement that I need a monkey...and I was like "heck ya, of course I need a monkey" but what you're saying sounds legit too.

So at this point I am going to assume that neither of you have seen a monkey play a calliope? Amazing.

I live a sheltered life...I can make no excuse for fossil. Never actually seen a calliope, never have seen a trained monkey either....sheltered.

Reactions: Jags
Simple is sometimes best. Uncle used to have awesome corn roasts on Labor Day. Steel drum cut in half with steel grates fitted on top and lots of charcoal. Soak corn in husks overnight, cover with damp newspaper when roasting - perfect end of the summer:)

Status
Not open for further replies.