Steiger & Kerr cast iron stove value

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mckyjns

Sep 14, 2016
Owensboro Ky.
I have an old cast iron stove that has been setting in an old building for many years. I want to know the approximate value of before I try to sell it. If anyone is familiar with it or knows where I can get any help it will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20160914_112714.jpg
    20160914_112714.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 366
  • 20160914_112508.jpg
    20160914_112508.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 431
  • 20160914_112616.jpg
    20160914_112616.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
Its a pretty basic design, not very useful as an actual woodstove. Maybe local interest. I see many similar models used for planters.

Sounds like a good German maker based on the name. But honestly this looks like a stove I'd sell for $25. I don't mean to be harsh so please do not take it that way. I know nothing about stove values so my opinion is all this is. Someone, hopefully will come on here and tell us how it's the holy grail of stoves and it's worth thousands! But to me it looks like a very basic design stove.

I would do some research in multiple locations. This stove is probably from the late 1800's. (Inspect carefully and look for a casting mold date) Wire brushed, cleaned up and stove black polished it could bring a nice bit of change. I wouldn't be surprised to see it going for $300 fixed up as long as the castings are still sound and without flaws or cracks.

Last edited:
Yes, box stoves of this design were popular. That one appears to be missing air control and legs?

Status
Not open for further replies.