Stihl Heads ? MS 201

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd 2

Feeling the Heat
Sep 17, 2012
NE Ohio
Hi All, Have about 10-12 tanks of fuel run through the new 261 now and that thing has really come to life power wise. I keep my chains touched up all the time and it handles the 20'' bar with ease for fire wood duty.
She tells me I take better care of that new saw than the new Outback.lol
Anyways, the orange 350 is going up for sale and I have been looking at the 201 with the extended rear grip with a 14' bar for a lighter more compact package in treetops on the ground, the 261 feels a little clumsy at times to me in tight spots, not to bad but I feel the smaller saw would feel a little better stumbling around cutting my way through tops.
They are a little pricy but if they are on the same quality line as the 261 I'm sold.
I also think Im getting the start of white handle fever :)
If you got one, tell me about it or if you don't tell me what you think anyways.

Thanks, Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.