Stihl MS361 Oil Issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

10range

Dec 9, 2010
Northern Indiana
I recently picked up a used 361 off Ebay. The saw runs good but I have noticed it appears there is oil smoking on the muffler when the chain is running. It does not appear to make a difference if I am in a cut or not. After the chain stops, it smokes for a few seconds and then stops. I am wondering if there could be a way that bar oil is getting thrown or leaked onto the muffler when the chain is running? I have attached a picture with the area where the smoke is coming from highlighted with red. (note-this is a picture I pulled off the web and is not my saw. My saw's muffler is stock, no mod)

Is this something I should be concerned about?

361Oilissues.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.