Stihl MS362

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gomez

Nov 19, 2007
Pineville, PA
I see they just came out with the MS362. Looks like a MS361 with a tad more power, a bit heavier, and better emissions. Doesn't let you see the price though.

Anyone know if the 361's will be on clearance?

Gomez said:
I see they just came out with the MS362. Looks like a MS361 with a tad more power, a bit heavier, and better emissions. Doesn't let you see the price though.

Great. I love when a company has the very best product (firewood saw in this case) and they "improve" it till it blows.

That was a topic on here a few months ago, Thats the main reason I went out and bought my 361 right away.

MMaul said:
That was a topic on here a few months ago, Thats the main reason I went out and bought my 361 right away.

yea that 361 makes a great limbing saw

Yeah only good for limbing.

Wish I had a 260.

MMaul said:
Wish I had a 260.

lol thats a 460 the 260 stayed in the garage today!

Anyone know if the 361's will be on clearance?[/quote]

The other way. If you are thinking of buying I'd get moving.

HittinSteel said:

The other way. If you are thinking of buying I'd get moving.[/quote]

I was thinking of getting another 361 to go with the one I bought last spring. :coolsmile:

Good idea!

Gomez, is the last line in your sig a quote from airplane technician G. Gordon Liddy?

HittinSteel said:
Good idea!

Gomez, is the last line in your sig a quote from airplane technician G. Gordon Liddy?

None other than ... prepared with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads...

Once all the rave reviews come in about the 362, there will be plenty of guys dumping their 361 so they can have the latest and greatest. Honestly, I have or have had the 036, 360, and 361 and frankly I don't think any of them are all that much different than each other. If I wanted a heavier saw, I'd move up to a 70cc class saw and skip the 362 all together.

Personally, I think the 036/360/361 series saws are great saws for a one saw plan, but I don't think they are all that well suited for someone with multiple saws... 50cc and 70cc+ makes more sense to me for a 2 saw plan. If three, I'd go 50cc, 70cc, and 90cc+. But that's just me.

I agree Wet1, I have a pair of bookends for 029's and love them but a 440 or 460 would be nice...

Wet1 said:
Once all the rave reviews come in about the 362, there will be plenty of guys dumping their 361 so they can have the latest and greatest. Honestly, I have or have had the 036, 360, and 361 and frankly I don't think any of them are all that much different than each other. If I wanted a heavier saw, I'd move up to a 70cc class saw and skip the 362 all together.

Personally, I think the 036/360/361 series saws are great saws for a one saw plan, but I don't think they are all that well suited for someone with multiple saws... 50cc and 70cc+ makes more sense to me for a 2 saw plan. If three, I'd go 50cc, 70cc, and 90cc+. But that's just me.

I think Wet and Burntime are right.

I've never had the 361 but I have used the 440 and own a 441.

If the differences between the 361 and 362 are similar to the differences between the 440 and 441; it would be hard to notice any performance gain at the end of the day.

In contrast, we do know the 361 has been a good saw for one saw owners on this forum while the new 362 has yet to prove its self in the field.

picked up a 362w/20" bar today and wow. i have an 025 and i like it, but i got a chance to run a bigger saw recently and when i did i knew i had to have more horsepower. i have only used it for 1 day and am really impressed. the tree i cut today was 16" red oak and it was like butter. also amazed how well it did on fuel. i think my 025 would have been dry with the tree i cut and had some other limbs that needed cut.

Price of a new 362 w/20" bar is $689 and some change, according to the Stihl Website,,,,you can link to a local dealer to get pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.