Still burning. July now or is it still May?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

save$

Minister of Fire
Sep 22, 2008
Chelsea Maine
I can't believe it. I still run my stove in the evening. My air conditioners remain on the closet floor. First time that has happened for many years. With all this never ending rain, the house get chilly. My stove is quick to take that chill right out and rid the dampness that is so uncomfortable. Glad I bought extra pellets last fall.

46 degrees here this AM. We've used the stove for brief periods to chase the damp chill this SUMMER, but we're all working today so no stove today.

Ha! So I am not the only one . . . . .

The night before last it was cold and damp, so I started the pellet stove to remove the damp chill and for the cheering effect of the flames.

Have been waiting to do the "end of heating season" stove cleaning, until I thought that the stove would not be wanted or needed . . . . . .

Looks like we may run into "start of heating season 2009-2010" before we hit the end of the current heating season in this area.

FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not any better here in VT. My Mom has been starting her pellet stove at times to dry out her basement (where the stove is). And Old Ranger may be right, the "end of season" cleaning might be just before the start of the fall "heating season"

The weather channel called it the summer without a summer for the northeast. Glad I live in IL. I haven't had the pellet stove on since mid April.

bkfc255 said:
So much for global warming

Unfortunately this summer's weather pattern is more likely a sign of increased climate change and instability. This thread is not the place to go over the old climate change/global warming argument, but here's one link to the official U.S. government report this month. These are the professionals, not politicians from either party. Hint: the news isn't good.

http://www.globalchange.gov/publications/reports/scientific-assessments/us-impacts

Status
Not open for further replies.