stirrer noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sculptor

Hearth Supporter
Sep 22, 2009
central nc
I put the gasket material around the cradle yesterday. This morning I put another bag in the hopper and I hear about once a minute the stirrer turns and makes and da da da bang! noise as it turns. I see the burnpot moves a bit as it does this. I'm a little concerned it might do some damage.
I can see that adding the gasket raised the burnpot slightly to where the base of the stirrer goes throught the burnpot is now NOT centered in the hole in the burnpot, and is more to the bottom of the hole.

I can see that adding the gasket raised the burnpot slightly to where the base of the stirrer goes through the burnpot is now NOT centered in the hole in the burnpot, and is more to the bottom of the hole.

You should be able to apply enough pressure to seat the burn pot enough so it doesn't hit the burn pot if that is what is taking place.

Should I stop it? It won't harm anything will it? It sounds like a binding noise and a decent sounding bang! I can see the burnpot move as if a slightly bended rod tries to turn inside something.

Thank you once again, Smokey! I'm feeling like I owe you a beer or something for your constant help with my stove. :)

The pot should seat itself pretty soon. But doing as Smokey suggests will hurry the process.

When I applied mine, I pulled it, to make it as thin as possible.

The pot should seat itself pretty soon. But doing as Smokey suggests will hurry the process.

When I applied mine, I pulled it, to make it as thin as possible.
Ahh! OK. I shut it down and reseated it, and re-started it up again.

The result wanted is to provide a flexible seal while not interfering with anything else.

You don't owe me anything sculptor.

I just want to see all of the stoves burning correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.