Stove chow! Latest method of log load delivery.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
So I measured it a few different ways and kept coming up with 4.9 cords of CSS fuel from that load. The shed holds 5.5 cords in each bay and I filled it 8/9 full. Close enough for rounding. You can expect 4.5-5 cords from a heaping dumptruck of 16-30" diameter fir logs plus another 1/3 cord of waste since I don't bother stacking all the cutoffs or uglies. I split large too like 6x6 blocks. In theory, the smaller you split the more fluff you get but I can't say for sure if it matters much.

I topped off the shed with the previous year's extra and hope to do the same thing every year going forward. It's extra stacking but otherwise I end up with the old stuff in the back not getting used.

Sure hope the shed doesn't fall. This is what 11 cords looks like. 200 SF shed 6+ feet tall in back 8'+ in front.

Attachments

• IMG_0189.JPG
    IMG_0189.JPG
    280 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_0196.JPG
    IMG_0196.JPG
    250.3 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_0197.JPG
    IMG_0197.JPG
    268.3 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_0199.JPG
    IMG_0199.JPG
    280.2 KB · Views: 357
So I measured it a few different ways and kept coming up with 4.9 cords of CSS fuel from that load. The shed holds 5.5 cords in each bay and I filled it 8/9 full. Close enough for rounding. You can expect 4.5-5 cords from a heaping dumptruck of 16-30" diameter fir logs plus another 1/3 cord of waste since I don't bother stacking all the cutoffs or uglies. I split large too like 6x6 blocks. In theory, the smaller you split the more fluff you get but I can't say for sure if it matters much.

I topped off the shed with the previous year's extra and hope to do the same thing every year going forward. It's extra stacking but otherwise I end up with the old stuff in the back not getting used.

Sure hope the shed doesn't fall. This is what 11 cords looks like. 200 SF shed 6+ feet tall in back 8'+ in front.

You can come and build me a shed anytime
Nice Work Nice stacks