Stove Chow pellets ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Last year I ordered Stove Chows but they delivered Supremes. I had to call them up to get them switched. The guy who works in the garden center said it happened a lot because of the way they changed the ordering system software, where you couldn't specify brand of pellet you want. It just said pellets - to them all pellets are the same, I guess.

Last year I ordered Stove Chows but they delivered Supremes. I had to call them up to get them switched. The guy who works in the garden center said it happened a lot because of the way they changed the ordering system software, where you couldn't specify brand of pellet you want. It just said pellets - to them all pellets are the same, I guess.
I got you, must be totally different in long island, but at least you don't have to worry about different brands for now, as stove Chow no longer exists, and everything is Green Supreme. Let me know what happens, good luck

Reactions: vinny11950
Well, I have been kicking the tires on Green Supremes this fall because they are the cheapest pellet I can find. $308 a ton.

I have tested the Northeastern Blend and the Allegheny Mountain Hardwood. The Allegheny Mountain Hardwood still burns much hotter than the Northeastern, so buy that one for the cold days. Right now the temps aren't that cold in Long Island so a weak pellet is not an issue at the moment.

Also, comparing the bags from the 2 different blends, they do have different skus, which may help when ordering the pellets from HD, and avoid confusion.

Well, I have been kicking the tires on Green Supremes this fall because they are the cheapest pellet I can find. $308 a ton.

I have tested the Northeastern Blend and the Allegheny Mountain Hardwood. The Allegheny Mountain Hardwood still burns much hotter than the Northeastern, so buy that one for the cold days. Right now the temps aren't that cold in Long Island so a weak pellet is not an issue at the moment.

Also, comparing the bags from the 2 different blends, they do have different skus, which may help when ordering the pellets from HD, and avoid confusion.

I bought 4 tons last year end of season $170 a ton..Allegheny Hardwood...Not a terrible pellet, they make decent heat in my 52i and not a ton of ash.

Reactions: vinny11950
Allegheny is the cheapest and hottest pellet I have tested this fall. IMO it burns hotter than Green Teams from Lowes, which is $2 higher per bag.

Reactions: Harmanizer