Stove Fans, are they any good,

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our stove top fan does a good job at moving the heat a little further into the room. I find it distributes the heat a little quicker than just letting the stove do its work. Not cheap though, ours was $150. I never had a blower so I can compare which one is more efficient. Since most of the heat sits near the ceiling, maybe you can mout a ceiling fan or something else to move the air.

I've had one on the stove for many years now. It creates a nice gentle circulation of heat and keeps our house temps quite even. But it's not going to work for your application. As noted, it needs a flat surface stove surface to rest on. I haven't seen any for the stove pipe.

You might have better luck with a near silent table fan placed on the floor in a cooler part of the house blowing the cold air, towards the stove. Warm air will replace the cool air.

BeGreen said:
I've had one on the stove for many years now. It creates a nice gentle circulation of heat and keeps our house temps quite even. But it's not going to work for your application. As noted, it needs a flat surface stove surface to rest on. I haven't seen any for the stove pipe.

You might have better luck with a near silent table fan placed on the floor in a cooler part of the house blowing the cold air, towards the stove. Warm air will replace the cool air.

just tried it...Yes the fan blowing cold air towards the stove works well...thanks.

Excellent. Nice when you can use the tools that are already around the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.