Stove ID any idea?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

pfin3

Feb 15, 2018
Ohio
Any idea on the brand on this stove? 15.5"deep and 20"wide. Can't find anything on it. 2018021595184251951518738516122951518739207207.jpg

I'm gonna venture a guess here & say that nobody knows what you have.
Lots of folks have looked at this & nobody's replied...
I even went so far as to Google Step Top Steel Wood Stove Images & probably looked at 100+...
Nothing resembled what you have...
Unless there's a rating plate attached to somewhere that's not readily visible, you may never find out...

Where in Ohio was it found?
Is it near any Amish settlements?
Any casting marks on the back of door?
The door gasket style may help identify if it is Amish made. They have a unique way of installing without gasket cement.
Is there a baffle inside? Steel plate, bricks, or high tech blanket? That will help date it.
I wonder if it is Amish built since it's not that old and many of theirs are not tested since they self insure, hence no tags.
The unique glass shape being pointed at the top should identify it, but it takes time. Sometimes months or years for another to surface.

We has another stove with that peaked door glass within the past few months, now I can't locate it. Have to head out this morning. Maybe later.

I'll check on things because it's sitting in a buddy's Barn right now. I'll check it out better when I can get over there.