Stove ID?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rcorp390

Nov 27, 2019
New york
Howdy, first off love this forum. Great info and has been a great help last year when I was building the hearth and installing/restoring my unknown stove.

So as above I’m hoping to get an ID for my stove before I order $130 glass for it. I bought it used off Facebook two years ago. It did have a grey sticker on the back but unfortunately I sanded it off when I was restoring 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️It also had a blower fan on the back.

E1144ABA-C7D9-4C88-A7DD-7D0CD456B6FB.jpeg 61DD3330-73DC-444C-BD32-313DC61AF927.jpeg F309B66C-8A22-4C72-A1D1-76D0A674596E.jpeg

That looks like an arrow stove. I would be a little concerned with the venting on that stove and the clearance to the back wall especially if there is combustibles in it.

That looks like an arrow stove. I would be a little concerned with the venting on that stove and the clearance to the back wall especially if there is combustibles in it.
Thanks! I see a few models that look close in style. I’ll do a more thorough search later today. The pipe is concerning or the type of stove? Yeah I ball parked the clearance since I didn’t have a manual When i installed it. I believe it’s 20” of clearance from the back board. I believe the backboard doesn’t get above 100 if I remember right but ill double check that tonight.

Is the pipe stove pipe or hvac duct?
not sure what the clearances are with out the manual.

Is the pipe stove pipe or hvac duct?
not sure what the clearances are with out the manual.
Off the top? It’s the flue/stove pipe. Yeah I really shot myself in the foot when I refinished it which didn’t last a year 😖 I can’t seem to find an Arrow that that is identical. Are the manuals specific like an OEM car owners manual? Like year make and model?

welcome. what it is is the stack should not be galvanized it should be black pipe. the galvanizing comes off the pipe everytime it's heated and is poisonous. plus the vent damper is only good for coal stoves that are running coal. that damper is letting in cold air and you are a creosote factory as it sits and will have a chimney fire soon i would't burn that stove the way you have it vented right now. and by the way it doesn't take long for a chimney fire my fire was 3 weeks from the chimney being clean to fire.

Reactions: john26
thank you for the input all and hoping you guys don’t mind giving me input on getting this vent pipe right. So the pipe is actually black pipe, I painted it with 3000 rated paint from lowes but I did poor Prep work. I’ll removing the damper tomorrow, anything else wrong/More efficiency? Took me a minute to make sense of what letting cold air in meant lol SoI’ll look up the CFM/ Haughs stove shortly and hopefully can find a manual for it.