Stove insert - QuadraFire vs. Pacific Energy vs ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Llaves

Jul 29, 2014
Albq
I plan to install a woodburning stove insert in a 1970's zero clearance fireplace in a 900 sq ft condo. The use will be as much for atmosphere as it is for heat. My local dealer carries both Quadra-Fire and Pacific Energy, and of course I can order anything that can be found on the web. I'm currently looking at the QuadraFire 2700i and the Pacific Energy Vista. Prices are comparable and both get pretty consistently high ratings in the Stove Reviews section of this site. Any suggestions on what I should look at to decide between the two? Of course, if there's something else I should be looking at, esp if it's less expensive, that would be welcome.

The main thing to look at is whether the insert will fit without altering the ZC and that the insert mfg. approves of installation in that model ZC fireplace. A full liner will be needed to connect the insert. Both of these stoves are going to want fully seasoned wood to perform well.

Getting to where its a hard choice too, Quad years ago really were popular inserts (here in our neck of the woods at least) but I'd say after selling and servicing them both, PE has become one of my favorite stoves. They are well made and their patented top floating baffle is second to none. If between the two, its a tossup. Does one's features please you more?? They both will burn great, clean and provide plenty of heat. I think a lot of it comes down to personal preference, they're both fine stoves. This prob didn't help much... good luck.

Get the PE Super insert, you will not regret going a little bigger, trust me. I love everything about mine but my house is maxing it out so eventually i will be going bigger. I get long 8 hour burn times, you can not pack it as much if you want so you wont burn yourself out of the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.