Stove pipe support bracket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Bedrick

Jul 14, 2013
Alaska
Hi, I'm new to the forum.
I have 15 feet of Simpson Dura Vent un insulated double wall sitting on top of two Simpson Dura Vent 45s. Long story why it has to be done this way. Any way, I think it's a lot of stress on those 45s and am looking for a decorative bracket that would bolt to the masonry behind the pipe and clamp/screw to the outer wall of the pipe above the 45s to take some of the load. I saw a wrought iron one years ago but can't find one now. Any one know where I can get one or have other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

You could have a sheet metal shop make one up for you and paint it with BBQ black paint. Or would it be possible to put the offset at the top of the pipe instead of at the bottom?

Typically the 45's are at the top. The 45 get's screwed to the chimney adapter, the vertical pipe is screwed to the stovetop adapter. Then the slip section is expanded, and then screwed together, the slip really wedges everything together. If it's done like this, there should be plenty of stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.