Stove Pipe Through Porch Roof

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

FrankRade

Sep 19, 2020
kentucky
I have read a lot (and watched numerous videos) on how to run pipe through attic / roof. Does the same idea / method(s) apply to a porch roof? I have a wrap around porch that is 6ft wide. Do I need a ceiling support box, or do I just cut out a section and use flashing up top to divert water? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Does the porch have a ceiling or is the underside of the roof the ceiling?

It sounds like you will want to use a cathedral ceiling support box.

Yes, the support structure is the same. It not only holds the chimney, it also assures that proper clearance is maintained.

What stove will this be for?

Yes, the support structure is the same. It not only holds the chimney, it also assures that proper clearance is maintained.

What stove will this be for?

I recently bought a Encore Defiant 2550 off Craigslist. It had been recently rebuilt, but needs (on order) a new seal / gasket kit. It has both shelves, the wire clothes hangers / dryers (4), all interior parts, the buttresses on shelves, no cracks in glass, and enamel in great shape, thermometer, and all handles. It has both round and oval pipe adapters too. Cost me $600.