Stove pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 21, 2007
Chelmsford, Ma
Hey guys..does anyone know how much of the end of the stove pipe has to be inside of the other pipe when your putting them together...I have the pipe coming out of the stove and im trying to get the next pipe that goes from that pipe to the adapter on the ceiling support box.

that's what i thought...do you know if there is a certain order for putting the stove pipes together or techique when connecting it to the support box? Because it seems impossible to get all 2 inches on every pipe in unless you take the support box off and put that on last which is not gonna happen...

Most folks use a slip coupling adapter, which is usually sold by the chimney manufacturer. This allows you to slip 6" or more on, place the stove and then pull the pipe down on it. There are also regular stove pipe slips that can be used in the same way.

Other than that, I have tilted stoves before!

Status
Not open for further replies.