Stove Temp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bartlett7516

Oct 22, 2008
Fort Scott KS
I have a Century FW300011 and my stove top temp is 700 and pipe temp is 450 and it is shut all the way down does this seem alright or is that too hot? I am burning 1 oak split 2 smaller hedge splits and an elm round. Should I make sure the blower is on with temps like this? My pipe therm. is about 2 foot up and the other therm is centered on the stove top. These are Rutland cheapies from Tractor Supply

I would guess it would depend on the stage of the burn. I'm not sure of the size your stove, but it is not all too uncommon for mine - a bigger one - to hit 700 early in the cycle, then it hums along at about 525-550 with a low intake setting.

It was early in the cycle this stove is about the same size as an Englander 30 2000 sq ft

Sounds about right for peak secondary burn with hedge. Yes, run the blower, can't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.