Stove top color changing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trustyrusty

Jul 27, 2014
nc
Hello everyone! Long time Lurker first time poster here. I recently did an insert upgrade to a breckwell mahogany sw3100i. Ive hardly used it (maybe like 10 total burns) NC hasnt had a winter this year. I noticed on my last burn that the paint seems to be turning a greyish color on the top plate. It's a new stove that hasnt been above 650f. Any thoughts on whats going on? I should mention that model is discontinued and has been for a while. The only way I was able to get this one is it was a display model that had been sitting in there wearhouse for a while ( like years). Do you think its just old paint or is something else going on here? I have included pictures of before and after.

Attachments

• IMG_0394.JPG
    IMG_0394.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0393.JPG
    IMG_0393.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0264.JPG
    IMG_0264.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 101
Status
Not open for further replies.