Stove will not start when needed.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vinnie

Jan 10, 2014
Nothern Nevada
Hello. The problem goes like this. The call light (I believe it is called the Thermocouple Light in the literature) doesn’t come on when the room temperature drops to the set point on the thermostat. The stove remains down, as if it has no power. When I disconnect the stove from the power source and then reconnect the power the stove comes up and runs properly, however the call light still doesn’t come on. I replaced the Control Box (The process controller) at the start of the heating season. I have no idea why the Controller was bad, the stove had been setting idle for the summer, but the stove has been operating properly until now

Have you changed the batteries in the thermostat?

1) UNPLUG THE STOVE & REMOVE THE CONTROL BOX.
2) TURN ON THE THERMOSTAT & MAKE SURE THE ACCESSORY JUMPER IS IN PLACE.
3) CHECK FOR CONTINUITY AT PIN 7 & PIN 9 ON THE JUNCTION BOX.
IF THE CIRCUIT HAS CONTINUITY: REPLACE THE CONTROL BOX
IF NO CONTINUITY, CONTINUE TO THE NEXT STEP
4) INSTALL A JUMPER WIRE ON THE THERMOSTAT & CHECK FOR CONTINUITY AT PIN 7 & PIN 9
IF THE CIRCUIT HAS CONTINUITY: REPLACE THE THERMOSTAT
5) REMOVE THE THERMOSTAT WIRES FROM THE THERMOSTAT BLOCK & INSTALL A JUMPER WIRE.
IF THE CIRCUIT HAS CONTINUITY: REPLACE THE THERMOSTAT WIRE
IF NO CONTINIUTY, CONTINUE TO THE NEXT STEP
6) INSTALL A JUMPER WIRE ON THE T-STAT BLOCK & #2 SNAP DISC. CHECK CONTINUITY AT PIN 7&9.
IF THE CIRCUIT HAS CONTINUITY: REPLACE THE #2 SNAP DISC
7) INSTALL A JUMPER WIRE ON THE T-STAT BLOCK & THE RESET BUTTON. CHECK CONTINUITY. (7&9)
IF THE CIRCUIT HAS CONTINUITY: REPLACE THE RESET BUTTON
IF NO CONTINUITY: REPLACE THE JUNCTION BOX

Out of your manual.

If it is a ten year old stove the first thing I would check would be the electrical connections. With age (heating/cooling: expansion/contraction) the connections might have loosened up. Unplug first.

Status
Not open for further replies.