Stove with oval fitting.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TxfireNoob

Mar 5, 2019
Waxahachie, texas
I'm new to this but I've had this stove for a while on more porch now that I have the porch covered I would like to put a stove pipe on it. I searched oval pipe adapters and found this
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/having-problems-adapting-stove-pipe-from-oval-to-round.121881/

Was my exactly like my stove. I didn't see any clear answers.
Can some one point me in the right direction. I don't want to waste more money. I already bought 6 in stove pipe but it looked too small to flatten out? Didn't want to be done it if it's the wrong size

And I want the pipe to attach to the porch if that's safe.

What is the length and width of the oval? Stove pipe is for indoor use only. It also needs generous clearances. Attaching it to the porch does not sound safe.

I've done it two ways: I've "flattened" it, as you mentioned, but it usually isn't the best fit. Sometimes I've had to get wood clamps with a long jaw, and tighten it down on the pipe to flatten it while I try to squeeze it on.

I've also had stainless adapters made up for a more permanent fix. Our local hardware store orders them for me, but you could try a sheet metal shop, too. The stainless adapters run $65 - $125 each around here. More expensive, but a lot easier to work with, and you measure it right and they make it right, it works great. Curt