Straight-thru wall venting and different exhaust flue centers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Val

Mar 17, 2012
NY
One question comes to mind about the dilemma of changing out stoves or if a person buys a new pellet stove:

Putting your exhaust flue straight thru the wall for so many pellet stove models is so convenient because its easy to clean...etc.

But what do you do when you decide to swap out stoves or buy a new stove? Do you think ahead and adjust the stove board height? How do you plan ahead? Youre putting a huge hole through the wall?

I have my stove exhaust flues going up (approx) 5 feet and then out the wall. I have 2 Harman stoves going...a P43 and an older Accentra. The flue centers are different heights. But-If I wanted to swap these stoves from one room into the other I could. The only logical reason for doing this is if one broke down and needed time to troubleshoot and fix it. I could move one stove into the other room if it was the middle of winter.

But I am always disgusted with cleaning the vertical flue pipes. If the one in the "living room" went through the wall it would be so much easier. But why o why couldnt Harman keep the same flue center on the back of each model stove? If I had a straight through the wall flue- how could I practically swap stoves with different flue centers?

That is a question that I have asked many times.

The answer is ===================== it's never gonna happen.

All our stoves are straight out the wall.

If we ever have to changes stoves, welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, gonna have to get creative I guess.

Tough call

Using the leaf blower (sucker) the vertical pipe should do fine.

Get a flexible cleaning rod with brush, zooooooop, then suck it out, good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.