Stuck Ash pan on a Harman P35i?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

old colony

Nov 16, 2010
So. Shore, MA
Just had a P35i installed about a week and a half ago, and today tried to empty the ash pan for the first time. I was under the impression that it was just pull the front piece off, then undo those two latches and the pan would slide right out. Mine will not come out and it's not just like it's a little stuck - it feels like it's welded in there and never to come off. Am I missing something simple here?

old colony said:
Just had a P35i installed about a week and a half ago, and today tried to empty the ash pan for the first time. I was under the impression that it was just pull the front piece off, then undo those two latches and the pan would slide right out. Mine will not come out and it's not just like it's a little stuck - it feels like it's welded in there and never to come off. Am I missing something simple here?

Don't think you are missing anything. Mine works just as you mentioned. However, there is enough space for some ash to get between the ashpan and the stove. It is possible that the ash has locked the drawer in place slightly.

Make sure you are undoing the correct latches. They are the ones closest to the front of the stove. The other latches are for removing the stove from the enclosure.

I had one installed about a month and a half ago. I recall the ash pan being difficult to remove the first time as well. I just kept pulling and it finally did come off. As long as you unlatched the correct latches...you should be fine.

old colony said:

Mine seems to be a little sticky at times, ash gets in there and causes some friction. Make sure when you undo the front latches you fold the latch completely out of the way and it has not "hooked" on to the front. Other than that sounds like you are doing the right thing... take off the cover, undo 2 latches and slide out the pan.

good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.