stupid question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mt Ski Bum

Minister of Fire
Feb 23, 2011
Dillon, Mt
Ok, I know this sounds really stupid, but what the heck is the difference between Englander, Timber Ridge, & Summer Heat stoves? Looking on Englander's website, their models look EXACTLY the same as their Timber Ridge & Summer Heat cousins!

From my experience, most companies that make multiple lines of stoves have at least some differences between their lines (Travis Industries with Avalon & Lopi; Pacific Energy with PE, Alderlea, & True North; etc...), ut with Englander, the only difference seems to be the names- an Englander 30-NC looks EXACTLY the same as a Timber Ridge 50-TNC30- not a single difference in looks or anything!

All exactly the same stoves.

BrotherBart said:
All exactly the same stoves.

that's what I thought... so.. just out of curiousity, is there any reason for Englander selling the exact same stove lineup under 3 different brands? Just seems kinda odd to me...

I think part of it's all about marketing...the retail vendors each want a "brand" of their own? But I dunno for sure. Rick

Man, what a stupid question. :cheese: Set yourself up for that.
The Englander is sold at Home Depot, the Summer's Heat at Lowe's, and the Timber Ridge elsewhere. Like BB says, all the same with a different moniker.
My local HD still has 'em at $999, don't know if they'd deal.

Summers was Bob England's mother's maiden name I think. And his middle name. Family thing ya see. Now who in the family was named TimberRidge I don't know.

If I have it wrong Mike will straighten it out.

Yeah, I tried to call Mike's attention to this thread...perhaps he'll weigh in. Hope he does. Rick

PapaDave said:
The Englander is sold at Home Depot, the Summer's Heat at Lowe's, and the Timber Ridge elsewhere.

Ahh... I guess that kinda makes sense... along with what Rick said. I never really pay much attention to the hardware-store wood stoves.... maybe I should!

They private label the stoves to all three mom and pop store killers, so they can surround me like humpback whales surrounding bait fish!

One of the companys I sell, SBI does the same thing with the Drolet and Enerzone line.

Think of it kinda like Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus.

On Long Island we once imported about 150 BBQs from China to try to compete with the Home Depot crowd. They said for a very small charge they will stamp any name you want on the grill.

Franks said:
They private label the stoves to all three mom and pop store killers, so they can surround me like humpback whales surrounding bait fish!

One of the companys I sell, SBI does the same thing with the Drolet and Enerzone line.

On Long Island we once imported about 150 BBQs from China to try to compete with the Home Depot crowd. They said for a very small charge they will stamp any name you want on the grill.

Coming Fall of 2011- The Chuck Norris Stove and Grill: More chest hair than any other grill on the market. "POW"

Delta-T said:
Franks said:

Coming Fall of 2011- The Chuck Norris Stove and Grill: More chest hair than any other grill on the market. "POW"

Now that I have to see... :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.