Suggestions for protecing floor from heat of gas firplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kadaley

Hearth Supporter
Jan 26, 2008
Cape Cod
I recently had some home renovations done that included installation of a P33 regency gas fireplace. I noticed while using the fireplace that the floor (new siberian pine) in front get extremely hot. Would a hearth board be the best thing for me to use to insulate the floor and prevent damage to it from extreme heat? I appreciate whatever suggestions you can offer.

Manual does not have any hearth requirements. Your best bet might be to have the floor cut back in front and do some tile there. Otherwise maybe try a nice thick rug?

They make hearth pads that are 12 and 18 inches wide could be placed on the wood floor for protection and are easly removed when you are not using the fireplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.