Suggestions for the best pellet Stove Please!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Got Harmon XXV in 2018. Been great stove. We use about 2 bags if it's really cold (-10f, 2500 sq ft house). Typically about 1/2 - 1 Bag. I switch to Heat Pump above 30f. Have yet to use it this year. Green box on floor is AIMS 1250 Inverter/Charger with two 100ah Batteries for 10-12 hours of Run Time for power outage before I get Sportsman 1k Inverter Generator. We came from Wood Stove.

IMG_20210119_064818105.jpg

I still stand behind both the P43 and the P61a. Since my post of Feb 3, 2018 I changed out the exhaust fan motor for the P43 because it was getting noisy. Just a couple of weeks ago I installed a new ash pan door gasket to the P61a.

Reactions: ABusWrench
Love my Harman's (P43 and P61a). Even running sketchy pellets, and as my only source heat (back up is propane boiler but I don't use it), I can go anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks between cleanings. I have hopper extensions on both of them so even on 2 bag days I don't have to worry about running out of pellets. They have been trouble-free and I've only had to change door gaskets in the P61a since I had it installed Jan 2014. Haven't had to do anything to the P43 - and that was bought used.

Just be aware that the P-series runs very hot on the sides and may have a larger clearance needed to combustibles than your current stove (P61a is 20" without side shields), so that is something to keep in mind.
Side shields here for obvious reasons.

IMG_1789.JPG

Reactions: bogieb
Side shields here for obvious reasons.

View attachment 298941

I have side shields on my P43 also even though it is technically far enough away from combustables, like the wall next it is next to (not a corner install). I could feel the wall heat up pretty good, so wanted to play it on the safe side.

I have side shields on my P43 also even though it is technically far enough away from combustables, like the wall next it is next to (not a corner install). I could feel the wall heat up pretty good, so wanted to play it on the safe side.
Good enough reason.......the pot of water never did the job so use a small humidifier since way back.

Last edited:
Good enough reason.......the pot of water never did the job so use a small humidifier since way back.

I use a couple of room humidifiers and also a pot of water on the P43 at times (not on the P61 since it is in the basement). I don't put that pot of water into play until later in the season when the stove is running 24/7. Last year I don't think I ever got the pot out.

Reactions: Washed-Up
Going into our 10th season with the P43. Has been a great unit. Only regret is not buying a P61, wife talked me out of it. Though the winters have been milder since we got the P43 but I would have liked knowing the extra output was there if the temps warranted it.

Keep a pan with water on it, a small humidifier upstairs when we need it.

sam

Reactions: Washed-Up
enviro max on my 10th year and other than cleaning, have not replaces parts other than control board upgrade,that i screwed up