Sunny yesterday - made a wood house.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billybonfire

Feeling the Heat
Jul 6, 2012
Lancashire NW England.
Photo0302.jpg

For burning 14/15, not quite a holtz hausen, but I thought quite neat.

Love it, Billy! Build a half dozen or so of those in the backyard and the neighbors will start thinking yer nuts!;)

The water will shed off of that roof for sure, great idea! Nice, square ends on the stack, too!

Thanks guys, becoming more skilled at making a good looking pile :)

"It's a wood----house
Mighty might just lettin' it all hang out
It's a wood----house
The wood is stacked and that's a fact, ain't holding nothing back."

PapaDave, woodmaster & poet !. :cool:

Looks great Billy! Good to know that it isn't only the American's afflicted with the wood burning bug! ;)

Ray

Looks great Billy! Good to know that it isn't only the American's afflicted with the wood burning bug! ;)

Ray

It's an international infection :eek:

Nice wood house Billy
Curious how the forest structure is over there? do you get it from tree services or is there forest nearby?

I'm guessing you didn't get to take in New England invading England - some real football for a change eh?

Reactions: raybonz
The Pat's annihilated the Rams today!

Nice wood house Billy
Curious how the forest structure is over there? do you get it from tree services or is there forest nearby?

I'm guessing you didn't get to take in New England invading England - some real football for a change eh?

Hi basod,
still quite a bit of woodland here in the northwest but we get most of our wood from my brothers gardening business and a bit from tree pruning on our property, got an old orchard which I am tidying up :).

Didn't watch the football, but saw it mentioned on the news, NFL at the new Wembley stadium, guess the pitch will need a bit of repair :).

Reactions: raybonz and ScotO
Nice setup Billy! Can't find free roofing tin to save my life.
Good luck with the orchard. What type of trees do you have? I'm looking at putting in a cold hardy Pippin type tree this spring. I have a Summer Rambo tree with a few other varieties I've grafted on to it, but a bear tore it up and she's starting to decline.

Reactions: Billybonfire
I do the same thing with old osb and plywood to cover some of my stacks

Reactions: Billybonfire
Nice setup Billy! Can't find free roofing tin to save my life.
Good luck with the orchard. What type of trees do you have? I'm looking at putting in a cold hardy Pippin type tree this spring. I have a Summer Rambo tree with a few other varieties I've grafted on to it, but a bear tore it up and she's starting to decline.

Thanks, osagebow, roofing was from an old farm shed we pulled down, mainly apple and pear in the orchard.
Got a row of about 120 cypress on the border, got to big, about 40 foot, got to come down, taking to much light. Also got a few cherry that need pruning, limbs about 8 inch diameter, should make some nice splits :)

Reactions: osagebow
Status
Not open for further replies.