Super Cedar Free Samples/Discount Code

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fatwood pitch burns like plastic in my opinion. It does not require a lot of oxygen once ignited.

The reason the fatwood seemed to perform better too is that by the time I started using Super Cedars the screen was already quite clogged. It got worse with each passing fire.

Thanks guys for the sanity checks.

4 fires started now each with 1/4 puck. So far so good. The outside fire pit is calling me now too (bit of snow falling today, overnight freezing, lots of stuff to burn up) so I'll probably use one out there too just for fun.

Reactions: NWfuel
Got my free sample pack last week. Super Cedar worked really well. I used the whole super cedar first and first started without any smoke. I tried half cedar the next time, it worked really well as well. I ordered 100 pack right away after that. :-D Another satisfied customer.
I do have one question about super cedar. Did any of you use it to start the fire with wood pellets in the pellet basket? I used to use the gel when starting fire in a pellet basket. It requires lots of gel to start the fire. Now seeing the power of super cedar...I am wondering if top down approach will work with wood pellet in the pellet basket. The firewood I ordered this year seems to be not as seasoned as I was told. I may need to use wood pellet to get a quick fire every evening.

I got my 100 pack and used it with the pellet basket last week. Being cheap....I broke one super cedar into 8 piece and use 4 of them to start the fire with pellets in the pellet basket. (Put four of them in a line with short distance between them). I did not use kindling wood at all. Fire started without issue although it took about 30-45 minutes to get the fire in whole burning state. No draft/smoke problem. Very happy with the result.

Last edited:
OHHHH, man, ordered online and then did a search on this site. Let's see, check in the box. No Search: check, No discount: Check, My fault: Check, Stupid on my behalf: Check. Live and learn. Sent an email to the company but I cannot blame them for anything.

Sent an email two weeks ago. No response, no samples. Looks like a great product though.

I got my two samples and broke them into several pieces. I can break each puck into about 6 pieces and one small bit does the job! I have also tried fatwood with less desirable results than the Super Cedars.

Hey NWfuel, I just want to say thanks for extending me the discount even though you didn't have to.

I just received my box of super cedars which I ordered after having great luck with the free samples. Free samples are smart business by the way. These starters are exactly what I needed. I have a big cat stove that normally takes a long time to get going from a cold start. And I do a lot of cold starts with my busy schedule. Super cedars are saving me so much time. I get up to temp faster and the cat lights off earlier. Thanks and keep making them.

Hey NWfuel, I just want to say thanks for extending me the discount even though you didn't have to.
Your welcome, we try to extend the discount to all hearth.com members even when the discount is not asked for. Way less work to do it ahead of time then to go back and adjust.

Hope all members who have requested the free samples have received them. If not please email us and see whats up!

Thomas

Your welcome, we try to extend the discount to all hearth.com members even when the discount is not asked for. Way less work to do it ahead of time then to go back and adjust.

Hope all members who have requested the free samples have received them. If not please email us and see whats up!

Thomas

Thanks Thomas. I have received my samples and love your product. It's great that you can easily break off the size you need for a particular fire. You have acquired a new customer for a couple pucks and less than $3 shipping. You guys do it right.

Thomas

HI Thomas, how do i go about getting free samples, i would love to try them out

thank you

Go here:

http://www.supercedar.com/

The free sample thing isn't mentioned on his website, but if you e-mail him your mailing address and mention Hearth.com, they'll be on the way to you.

I just got a box of 100. That's the best buy. With what I still have from last year, it should last through this season and next, and I build a new fire every day. If you just use them at home, get the "green" option. No need to have each piece individually wrapped and it's more convenient to use.

The only thing I didn't care for was the shrink wrap. 100 Green on the way ... perfect.

Thomas do you folks have these placed in any retail locations or are you 100% web based? Just curious ... this product is so much better than anything available on retail shelves around here.

Thomas do you folks have these placed in any retail locations or are you 100% web based? Just curious ... this product is so much better than anything available on retail shelves around here.
I'm sure Thomas will answer this, but I have seen them online under various other names. Usually at just under $2 each when bought individually. Direct, bulk is the way to go for sure.

Tested one of the sample discs on my burn in fire... works really well! Need to check the site for pricing now. Thanks for the samples... very few companies are willing to do such things these days. It does not go unnoticed, or unappreciated.

The only thing I didn't care for was the shrink wrap. 100 Green on the way ... perfect.

Paul,
Under the Super Cedar label our product is not available in many areas at the retail level. Hearth.com members get the best deal for our product by purchasing through our online store www.supercedar.com. We are also happy to invoice hearth.com members if they prefer to pay by check. Just email us at [email protected] tell us what you want and they are on the way. We love the hearth.com members and the guys that run it.
Thomas

Reactions: Paul L
I just received mine yesterday and used my first one today. I broke one in half. Put 2 large splits in to the left and to the right of it, put a piece on top so the flame would hit it with air still getting in. Lit the puck, then i completely loaded the stove up. In 20 min i had a wonderful fire going. I will be ordering a case of 100 and never use kindling again. I love them, thank you very much for the samples!

How do you get the discount applied when ordering on the website? I received the samples a week ago and would like to purchase, but no mention of what the discount code is for hearth.com members.

I know this has been mentioned many many times before but oh well. I want to thank NWfuel for the order of super cedars that my girlfriend received from me to our home. As most of you already know I am in Afghanistan with the Marines and ordered 100 super cedars from the website. My girlfriend @ home received them and I explained how to use them. I also told here about this website and how the members swear by them. She, reluctantly, has just started burning a small amount of wood at night as our dogs (2) American Bulldogs both stay in my large outbuilding heated by a wood burner. This woman has always had a hard time with starting fires, more kindling than wood half the time to get it going. Talked to her yesterday and by god NO KINDLING! Her words "these things are awesome". The most amazing thing is, she did it with only 1/2 of a puck. I just wanted to convey a happy and lifelong customer. Thanks again! For any new members out there considering a purchase, pony up and you will see for yourself!

Reactions: stayfitz and NWfuel
Status
Not open for further replies.