Super E210

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dfudd

May 25, 2022
Northern NY
I am new to the forum, and looking to buy a high quality indoor wood boiler. I live in northern NY where temperatures routinely reach-30 degrees Fahrenheit. I am looking at the Alternative Heating systems Super E210. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these boilers, or with repairs, customer service etc. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Seeing you are in New York
Econoburn is located in New York,maybe close enough to get a factory tour.
I have a 14 yr old one with 1000 gallons of storage, and am happy with it,a lot has changed in the 14 years and they have new modles that should be getting tested now that covid is being recognized as something to live with.

I contacted both econoburn and ahs. Both are great companies and econoburn would probably be closer like salecker mentioned. If you can afford it, shoot for thermal storage. Itll let your boiler burn cleaner and live a longer healthier life. The new e210 is a big unit. I have an e180 in my garage to install in my basement that i bought used and just havent had time (plus i have a lot of oil left to finish burning). A couple things to think about. First and foremost where is the boiler going? Can you get it in the spot? Secondly, confirm with your codes and homeowners insurance prior to anything. Just want to make sure you are covered in all possible cases aka a fire if its indoors. Secondly, give either a shout and maybe get your size, the e210 is big and may be too big, but again thats the only "indoor" boiler ahs has thats approved. Many have run the woodgun due to its simplicity without issue. I know econoburn was trying to get theirs epa certed, just not sure if they have. If so, either could get you that tax credit which would save some coin. You dont necessarily need the thermal storage right away, but id look into it if i were you for long term use. If OWB is an option, i looked at the heatmaster g series after many good reviews if an indoor one falls through. I Hope this helps