super quick question, I'm 99% sure I have it right

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

slickschoppers

Dec 1, 2017
iowa
as always, this is my first install, so I appologize in advance for what seem like simple questions, I did search but I want to make sure...

so,, my inside flat ceiling kit arrived for my chimney today.

I know that the Black Pipe from the house to the chimney connector goes Male side DOWN. for creosote reasons.

but the class A pipe must be just the opposite?

the female side connects to my ceiling apter, and the chimney cap connects to the male end.

so it must flip direction when it hits the ceiling?

please let me know if this is correct.

black single wall in the house, goes male end pointing DOWN
double wall class A installs male end pointing UP

The class A has an inner & outer shell, so what appears to be the female end points downward, the inner shell will go inside the previous pipe section, while the outer shell goes outside the previous section of pipe end. Hope this makes sense? You always want the end of the pipe to go into the pipe below. In the case of class A, the inside pipe shell goes into inside the section of pipe below it, while the outer pipe/shell will go outside the section below. This way, any creo buildup or dripping goes down inside to the stove not bucking seams and oozing/running out the seams. And outside sheds any moisture or water that may run down the outer casing.