Superior flame adjustment?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Cetnor851

Apr 23, 2020
Christopher1
Hello, I was just curious if anyone could tell me if this is the flame adjustment screw? Flames are super low and always have been.
18F3438F-03D9-41D0-BFB0-B18F69698144.jpeg

It is a DRT2040TMN. I did adjust that screw a little bit and I did feel like it increased the flame a little bit but I didn’t want to mess around that too much before I found out more info on it

From what I read in the installation manual, the only flame adjustment is at the air shutter.
You can adjust it slightly closed to get a more orange flame, but if the tips get black you'll
hafta open it back up. The flames need to burn for about 15-20 minutes before you make
the adjustments & the glass front needs to be securely attached. The flames should be bluish
at the bottom & yellow/orange at the tips.