Superior SLDVT-35 CPI/Wall Switch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weatherinkc

Nov 5, 2014
Kansas City, Kansas
Hello to all.

My question today revolves around a Superior SLDVT-35NE direct vent fireplace that has been installed into the home. The manual has not been very clear with instructions in regards to the electric wiring.
I have installed a rocker switch into the bottom control panel to turn the fireplace on/off but was under the impression that I could also install a CPI switch along with the rocker switch to enable the pilot light to remain lit during cold winter periods and to prevent moisture on the glass at initial startup.

Is this something that can be done with this unit, and if so what would be the best way to go about wiring this.

Thank you in advance!

From the schematic on page 23 in the installation manual, it looks like you can simply wire in another rocker switch to the DFC wire harness. Black to black & white to white.
Having done a hundred installs of these types of fireplaces, it's almost never that easy, based on the schematic, but I would start there.

Reactions: Weatherinkc
Status
Not open for further replies.