Supreme astra 38

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mooch

Jan 23, 2019
Jm
Hi guys wondering if I could get any info on the Supreme Asta 38. Anybody that has one or knows anything about it. Thinking about buying this one.

No after all my research I ended up with xtrordinair 44 elite. I liked the size and the positive pressure. Plus there are many good reviews even as far back as 2008.

I wanted one that people had and had reviews on. I'm tearing out an osburn Stratford that's only 3 years old. I didn't do good research on that unit.

I’m finding it difficult to narrow down my search. Do you recommend any brands? I’m also looking at the Ambiance Elegance. I also only have a small 1200 sqf ranch.

Research that I have done, came up with Travis industry is built in America. Really good reviews. Never personally owed one. They make fireplace xtrordinair, and lopi and I think some others. Look into them. I know nothing about the one you are looking at. Do you want a stove, or ZC?

Looking at a ZC and one that is comparable with an air controlled system. Looking to move some hair to the basement and other side of the house. Thank you for the helpful info.

I also liked the xtrordinair 42 Apex. But wanted something bigger and really liked the positive pressure aspect. Good luck in your search. Many great products out there

Some of these are large fireplaces. Does the 1200 sq ft include the basement?

For a smaller location, there are a few 2 cu ft units that are worth looking into. RSF has been making efficient ZCs for a long time. Astria sells what used to be the Lennox line. Some are made by BIS which has been in business a long time also. Pacific Energy makes models in the 1.6-3 cu ft range too.

Some of these are large fireplaces. Does the 1200 sq ft include the basement?

For a smaller location, there are a few 2 cu ft units that are worth looking into. RSF has been making efficient ZCs for a long time. Astria sells what used to be the Lennox line. Some are made by BIS which has been in business a long time also. Pacific Energy makes models in the 1.6-3 cu ft range too.
Thank you Begreen for those recommendations. The 1200 does not include the basement. Have you heard anything about the Ambience Elegemce ZC? It has the aesthetic we are looking for with a factory blower to move air to other locations.
Some other background information is this doesn’t need to be a primary source of heat. We are looking to cut the electrical bill and take some of the burden off the mini split system in the really cold months (dec/Jan/feb). Some units look amazing but are just to big for the space we have to install it.

Sorry, I have only heard what you have read on this site. I have never seen one in person. @webby3650 have you installed any Supreme ZC fireplaces?