Swept my flue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

prezes13

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2014
Connecticut
I just swept my flue. Kind of happy with it. I say about a coffee cup maybe not even worth of coffe grinds. 15’ of uninsulated stainless steel liner on the exterior chimney. No block of plate. Used a sooteater.

Swept my flue

I usually get more than that myself with a similar set up, all soft powder, no chunks. I'm told for an exterior chimney with uninsulated liner, it's normal

Makes me wonder how bad mine gets. Same stove, same setup but 13-14 feet more pipe. I just have the sweep do it every year.

I do mine once a year. Wow you have 25’-30’ of flue? You must have hell of a draft. My stove on 15’ drafts well enough that I really have to crack open the door at a startup.

I do mine once a year. Wow you have 25’-30’ of flue? You must have hell of a draft. My stove on 15’ drafts well enough that I really have to crack open the door at a startup.

I believe it's around 25-26 feet. Draft can be pretty strong for sure. My basement is another 10 feet, but thats a unique heater in it'self...

I just swept my flue. Kind of happy with it. I say about a coffee cup maybe not even worth of coffe grinds. 15’ of uninsulated stainless steel liner on the exterior chimney. No block of plate. Used a sooteater.
Coffee grinds in your flue?
Been wondering if I can use the sooteater to clean out my coffee maker too.;lol

Reactions: Ludlow