Talked to installer who brought up a question as to whether my 0-clearance is UL listed to accept a

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swimman

Hearth Supporter
Sep 19, 2008
Rhode Island
I'm now hoping to have a local installer put in a Breckwell p23i but he brought up something that was new to me. All the dealers I have talked with never asked or checked if my zero clearance unit was UL listed to accept an insert. I would like to put the Breckwell into my Desa B42LI zero clearance fireplace which shows a UL listing of UL 127-CAN/ULS-S610-M87. This means nothing to me!! Anyone have an idea if my insert is certified to accept a pellet insert or should I not worry.

I'm pretty sure that UL has a website...maybe you can plug that number in and find out what it means....or maybe they have a phone # listed there to ask them.

EDIT: Or call the fireplace manufacturer and ask them

As near as I can tell, if it is UL127 approved, it meets the requirement. You can check the user manual for yourself at the manufacturers site. The manual for the P23 FS and I are available in PDF format on line. I think you are good to go.

Macman,
Thanks. I called the manufacturer and got a recording that there is indefinitely no customer service support. Very strange! I've searched the UL listing but no good info. I'll see if UL has a site. Thanks.

pkitfox said:
As near as I can tell, if it is UL127 approved, it meets the requirement. You can check the user manual for yourself at the manufacturers site. The manual for the P23 FS and I are available in PDF format on line. I think you are good to go.

PK,
I think you're right. I check the manual for the p23i and it approved for UL127. Guess that's all I need. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.