Talkin' Tractors

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If that Ford is in good shape it would be great! You could probably get a FEL for it too down the road. Sounds like a pretty complete setup.

OK… what would work at the lower end? Just for mowing. The current owners have been using a JD LA145. It looks to be in good shape. I thought of asking what they want for it, but since they want to sell me three ton of pellets at retail price, I don’t think there’s any bargains to be had from them. Is this a total POS or can something like this ($2K new) work for mowing. That would allow me to shop around for a nice old farm tractor with a loader when one comes along cheap. After reading all the pros and cons, I really think the best thing for me may be two machines.

If you are going with a John Deere you may want to look at one of these. Would be fast, but I don't know about the quality of the cut. ?

Attachments

• jdmower.jpg
    jdmower.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 224
Gasifier said:
OK… what would work at the lower end? Just for mowing. The current owners have been using a JD LA145. It looks to be in good shape. I thought of asking what they want for it, but since they want to sell me three ton of pellets at retail price, I don’t think there’s any bargains to be had from them. Is this a total POS or can something like this ($2K new) work for mowing. That would allow me to shop around for a nice old farm tractor with a loader when one comes along cheap. After reading all the pros and cons, I really think the best thing for me may be two machines.

If you are going with a John Deere you may want to look at one of these. Would be fast, but I don't know about the quality of the cut. ?

Damn! I gotta have it!

Wonder if I can make it to Sturgis with the old lady on the queen seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.