Tarm 502 parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gscubba

Sep 10, 2015
NY
I inherited an '86 Tarm 502 in a house I bought 10 years ago and have loved it. However I'm now in need of parts and hope i can find them or someone can give me a work around. I am in need of the baffle that goes between the oil burner area and the firebox. In reading up on it it seems Tarm identified a problem of them disintegrating and came up with a fix but my previous owner didnt get it. So it now looks like a good 4-5" hole exploded in the middle of the plates so I'm sure my efficiency is not happening.

Can anyone point me in a direction to get replacement parts, or offer another fix? And even then are they hard to replace? I'm thinking i can do it by going in through one side of the furnace.

Grateful for the help, I'd really like to get a fewe more years out of this workhorse,.

Status
Not open for further replies.