Tarm pellet boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Willman

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 15, 2008
Sabattus Maine
Anybody here or know someone with a Tarm pellet boiler ?

I've used the Tarm 2.5 Pellet/Corn boiler for 2yrs. now. I've burned 800 bu. of corn and it works great. I heat a 2800 sq.ft. house with 1800 sq.ft. basement, 900 sq.ft. garage and domestic hot water. The house, basement and garage are all radiant floor heat.
Any questions, just ask.
Kirk

Any questions, just ask.

Kirk, Does it have an automatic ignition ? Or does it need to be lit and kept burning ? Can it burn wood pellets in the corn configuration ? Thanks for the reply.

Will

No the Tarm dosen't have an automatic ignition. It does have 3 different automatic BTU output levels. It does this by changing the blower speed and the amount of fuel that is used. You don't have to change anything between burning corn or pellets. You can mix if you want also.
Kirk

No the Tarm dosen't have an automatic ignition.
After the first lighting is that it for the season baring running out of pellets ?

When I burn corn I clean out the burn pot area and all the heat exhanger tubes once a month. And that's when I have to start the fire again. So I probably start a fire 4-5 times a year. It might be less with pellets.
Kirk

Thanks Kirk

Status
Not open for further replies.