Tell me about the Jotul f500 Oslo!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I usually set it at just a tad less than halfway, maybe 40 %. That’s after loading the box pretty full, and running it at max air for a few minutes to make sure it has caught.
we had our F500 V3 since December and i have yet to move my primary air valve lever from the far left (closed) side... even during start-up, it's fine...

jotulf500v3primaryairvalvelever222021.jpg

gets amazing heat and my therms haven't gone over 400ºF on the flue or 450ºF on the top right rear corner...
wondering now if there's something wrong with it...

jotulf500v3fluetherm222021.jpgjotulf500v3stovetoptherm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Try the Top Down Fire starting to mostly eliminate the smoke you are getting at start up.
FYI I paid $1,400 for a blue black f400 Castine (model 1 size smaller than ozlo) in 2020. It was in almost new condition and available for pick up. I drove 5 hours each way to get it. A new one was $3,000 and a 2 to 3 week waitlist, and a 3 hour drive away. Used was no brained for me. But it CLEARLY was treated extremely well by the 1st owners.

Reactions: firefighterjake
Try the Top Down Fire starting to mostly eliminate the smoke you are getting at start up.
FYI I paid $1,400 for a blue black f400 Castine (model 1 size smaller than ozlo) in 2020. It was in almost new condition and available for pick up. I drove 5 hours each way to get it. A new one was $3,000 and a 2 to 3 week waitlist, and a 3 hour drive away. Used was no brained for me. But it CLEARLY was treated extremely well by the 1st owners.
Good deal. I paid about $1600 for a new blue-black enamel Castine back in 2006.