Tempwood install specs needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Budman1972

Nov 29, 2016
Massachusetts
Looking for information on a manual for a temp wood down draft stove need specs for inspection any help would be great I can pay someone for a copy of there's ! Thanks in advance Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does a default floor protection standard exist? i know some modern stoves have as high as 18" in the front and an r-value higher than 2 (Or the crazy hearthmount with 4" legs at 6).

Yes, I seem to recall some standards suggested in NFPA 211. If I remember correctly (always dubious) one suggestion was 4" brick set on edge with sand grout between the bricks. 4" of common brick is R=.8. You are correct about some stoves needing more. The Englander 13NC and the EPA US Stove 2469 need an R=2.0 hearth. The Hearthstone Homestead with short legs needs that whopping R=6.0 hearth protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.