Termodisc Wiring Question (Forester 5824)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VTCrusade

Feb 20, 2015
Vermont
I've owned the Forester 5824 that I bought from Costco for about 2 years now, always have it cleaned every summer, haven't had any issues with it, up until this past week, when I shut it off at night it stopped going through it's entire cool down sequence. It would run for about 5 minutes cooling down, which wasn't enough, normally it takes about 15 minutes.

Called US Stove Co. technical support, they tell me it's the 125 degree thermodisc and that they'll send a new one out to me. The disc comes in and I take off the side panel to replace it only to find that there are actually two disc on the exhaust fan, but only one of them is actually hooked up with wires. I figured that can't be right that perhaps my cleaning guy this past summer hooked them back up wrong. So I do some searching, (the Forester manual is useless and they're closed for the weekend so I can't call them) I find that the Serenity pellet stove by Castle is almost identical to my Forester 5824, look at their manual and they do show a picture of the two thermodisc, but in that picture it ALSO only has one wired.

So what's the deal here, is one disc a spare, is mine and the one in the Castle manual wired wrong, does one wire go to each disc. There is absolutely no other wires to attach to that second disc unless I pull one off the first.

5824.jpg
Castle.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.