Testament to Harman!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snowrider

Hearth Supporter
Nov 29, 2007
Eastern MA
Hi folks,

As some of you know I sold my Advance to get a new P61 A. I sold the Advance for $1,500.00. I made sure the guy came to the house to see it work and he did. We then agreed on a time for last Sunday for him to get it. I told him that it would be 100% clean, broken down, and I would travel back to his house to hook it up. I told him to make sure he had a truck. He shows up Sunday morning with his little SUv and a trailor. I was like "No WAY!!" I said you pay me the money now, as I am not taking responsibility for this thing to be bounced around all the way home 50 miles. He said he has owned pellet stoves for years and assured me it would be fione. I stuck to my guns and said pay me now, and whatever happens happens. I went back in the house to get my coat and I came out to see him strapping the stove to the trailer...he broke the plastic peice for the probe wire. I pointed that out and he said he would just hook it up direct. I just shook my head.. I followed him back to his house and this thing came up off the trailer a good foot over each bump. I was crying.. I took such good care of that thing and to see it be beaten was sad. I was actually pissed when we got to his house.

Well, we hooked it up, I put it all back together, turned the knob, it came on and fired up withing 2 minutes and was quiet as a mouse.... I have bere seen such a beating on apeice of equip before.....

I just wanted to let you Advance owners know what my stove went through.... a good ole fashion trailor beating!!!

I'll bet that after all that bouncing around, it's probably the cleanest used stove around. It probably shook all the ash out of it.

I am glad that the end result of the trip was a good ending. It sounds like that trip could have been a lot worse.

I have an Advance, and now I know what to do if I can't get it clean.

Well I wouldn't recommend a trailer ride but don't be afraid to bounce it around a bit. At least you know how rugged it is!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.