thank God for smoke detectors

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should not get false alarms unless you have poor draft and smoke comes out when you open the door or there is leaks in the pipe. Those are issues that ned to be addressed by themselves. We have no false alarms going off with ours I test them monthly.

Pete
Pete / billz -where did you get your hearth rugs? My floor (laminate) is going down now, probably not going to burst into flames if a coal hits it, but still would maybe like a bit more protection in front of the hearth anyway. I know nothing about these mats (quality, etc). Any advice is appreciated...

Pete / billz -where did you get your hearth rugs? My floor (laminate) is going down now, probably not going to burst into flames if a coal hits it, but still would maybe like a bit more protection in front of the hearth anyway. I know nothing about these mats (quality, etc). Any advice is appreciated...

It would be best to start a new thread on the topic.

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.